Wednesday 20 May 2015

Pixel, Vector Asset

Creating a pixel chest



First create a new document under any name  you want. Set the mesurments to pixels and the size depends on what you are working on but for this I used 20 by 20 pixels

Next you need to select the pencil tool which is found on the left tool bar under the brush tab.
 Set the size of the pencil to 1 pixel from the top toolbar options





Nexrt you will have to draw the basic shape of what the chest will look like, you can make adjustments later to suit your preferences.


Next you can choose the basic colours that you will use in your work. You can select each colour seperatly and later use the pencil tool to draw over the lines and fill in the the empty space


Using different colours on the same gradient i added details and depth to give it a 3D effect


I finished it off by applying a two tone shadow

Creating a Vector Asset

First create a document in illustrator and set it to any size you want, I choose 800 by 800 pixels 

 Next from the left tool bar, select the rectangle tool.




 Roughly draw out what your chest is going to look like and for the legs I used the rounded rectangle tool which can be found under the rectangle tool.




Using the rectangle tool draw out a rectangle. Then using the direct selection tool pull both corners out from the bottom and next create a circle above it and unite them using the first option from the pathfinder window and place it over the center box.


 Next I added more rectangles to be able to create colour variants and applied various colours to the work.


Next I added different shades of the same colour to give it a more 3d feeling. I also added a two tone shadow by creating 2 rectangle and placing them underneath all the layers.



As I used vector graphics to create my work As I scale it upwards it does not loose detail and remains the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment